Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in news:jl22bu$ai7$1
@dont-email.me:

You claimed to have worked in a VA lab.
Did you have to study statistics to get there ?
If so, have you forgotten the simple rule of statistics that individual
incidents are NOT representative of trends or facts that apply to large
numbers ?

Statistics are generally used to bring up a point, and yes, I have
studied statistics enough so that I know when to feel confident in the
calculations in Excel and when to go to an expert.

One doesn't need to know any statistics to feel safer in that VA hospital
now with the enhanced security than right after this incident. Yes, it
was just a single fact. But I have seen the collection of confiscated
"weapons" in the police office, and I have observed a few people (one was
really gross) who were invited to leave the premises or surrender what
they tried to carry in (whether with or without any malice).

Let me ask you: You are not allowed to carry a weapon in the VA, unless
you are police, and authorized to do so. If you were a doctor in the
emergency room facilities would you want the police to confiscate weapons
carried by patients, visitors or other employees, or not? No
modification of these conditions, please.

Why would I want them confiscated from people who have done nothing wrong

Why do you condone outright theft by the State ?