Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 22:55:09 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
Oren wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:46:20 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On 27 Mar 2012 20:18:23 GMT, Han wrote:

I wasn't really thinking of visiting Mexico. But (if I read
between the lines correctly) it is reassuring that you think it is
safe to visit those states even if unarmed. I don't think I can
just go into an Arizona gunshop and buy a firearm, even with a
3-day waiting period, since I'm not a resident of the state.

Buy a hand gun in Nevada. Only in two counties it has to be
registered within 72 hours.

You actually put up with this "registration" ****?

... me? You talkin' too me? looks around

Move to Texas or some other civilized place.

Why?

Because we don't have gun registration, gun licensing, mandatory gun
handling classes, Firearm Identification Cards, waiting periods, and other
assorted silliness. In Texas, you can carry a gun in your home (of course)
without it being locked up, unloaded, or disassembled. You can carry a gun
at your place of business. You can carry a gun in your car.

If you go to the trouble of getting a concealed handgun license (CHL), you
can carry a gun on your person almost anywhere. Below is a short list of
prohibited places:

* Jails
* Courtrooms
* Schools
* School athletic events

That means you can carry your sidearm into a police station, library,
church, city hall, county motor pool, the state capitol, governor's
office, or just about anywhere else.

As a matter of fact, our legislature passed a law specifically PROHIBITING
any agency of government - state, city, county, what-have-you, from
restricting CHL holders in any way.

Of course there is the pussy-whipped FEDERAL facilities that frown on
weapons. These include the post office, Social Security Office,
blah-blah-blah, but not National Parks, Corp of Engineer projects and
lands, and a few other places.

That should all be changing (for the better) in the years to come (I hope).

Texas and other states can adopt open carry laws, like in Nevada. Walk
with your pistol in public, on a public and busy street.
Non-concealed.

A few minutes away is Arizona -- open carry.