Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Windows live mail

In message , News
writes
In message , Martin
writes
On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:31:42 +0100, Graeme
wrote:

Does Thunderbird have that facility, does anyone know? Or Agent, or
...?

Agent threads properly.

Thank you Martin and Ian for the extremely useful comments. Have
downloaded Thunderbird, and will see how I get on.

Just a final comment or two....

You'll need to 'play with the knobs' a bit in order to get the best out
of it. If you find something that TP does and TB doesn't, TB probably
actually does do it (or a good approximation to it), if you know where
to tell it.

I found setting the fonts confusing and unpredictable - but eventually,
by trial and error, I got things more or less as I liked.

There is no option given for manually deleting newsgroup postings - but
there is an easy fix:
http://ilias.ca/blog/2011/07/deletin...-messages-in-t
hunderbird/

If you ever want to totally uninstall TB, note that the database records
are NOT removed. You need to do this manually (just delete). It's in the
instructions (somewhere), or here (item 5).
http://www.ehow.com/how_4968150_uninstall-mozilla-thunderbird.html
If you don't delete those records, and re-install any version of TB at
some time in the future, it will install fully configured using the
information it already has (which may not be what you want it to do).
--
Ian