Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

In article ,
Han wrote:

Regarding your question on Giffords, I do consider that regrettable
incident collateral damage, she was an innocent victim - as far as we
know.

So than we can empty insane asylums. That'll save money.

Already been done. That was the result of the Community Mental Health
Act back under JFK. Stared deinstutionalization. Over 500,000 beds
closed during the first 20 years, with more that followed. For instance,
the place I worked had 45 beds in the acute unit when I started in '85.
It is now 14 and there may be no Psych Unit at all in the new hospital.

OK, now we should get rid of the FDA as well. Merck should sue them for
taking Vioxx off the market, those few people that died shouldn't really
matter. And so on and so forth.

Actually they should. The side effect profile for Vioxx is exactly
the same as for every other NSAID, even those currently on the market.