Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in news:jkvuus$tnp$1
@dont-email.me:

I'm pretty sure it's a combination of both
But that's not guarantee for the future.
And a wise man taught the motto "Be Prepared" to a lot of boys.

Indeed!! Being prepared can be accomplished in different ways. Pretty
soon I'll be a really old man, and no match for a fast, strong kid intent
on getting the pistol I don't have. Why present myself as a target for
assault?

What makes you think that
1) that you won't be a target for an assault otherwise ?
2) that somehow magically you will be a target for assault because you
have a gun
3) Do you imagine that owning a gun somehow will make you emit attractant
rays for criminals ?
4) that kid won't take anything else that you have, possibly even your
life ?
5) That kid will even have a chance to take that "pistol that you don't
have" ?

A recent example to counter your mindset is that wheelchair bound woman,
attacked right outside her door, who shot her attacker. Happened in Harlem,
of all places.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/09/ny...heelchair.html
I think she was a LOT smarter than you have shown to be.

You are desperately spinning and spewing all kinds of nonsense arguments.
Why is that ?
Your behavior is a classic form of desperate waving of the hands to
distract, more yourself than anyone else, that you even have a leg to stand
on, that I have encountered on a regular basis, while teaching logic, shown
by students, in the last desperate throes, before they admit defeat.