Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
:

That's no guarantee
About 20 years ago in Florida, tourists were specifically targeted by
criminals by the cars that had rental plates.

I agree that was what happened. Note that the solution was to make the
rental cars NOT easily identifiable by their license plates. They didn't
hand out guns to the renters ...

Please stop with the really stupid remarks
It just makes me wonder how intelligent (or not) you may actually be.

As a matter of fact, most places that are abundant with tourists do
have a much higher crime rate against tourists SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE as
tourist they are more vulnerable

Yes, indeed. I had my wallet pickpocketed in a Paris Metro station.
Luckily the only loss was 50 euro. And it was my fault for having it on
top of a bunch of other things in my pocket. Lesson learned.

So what's the point? Elderly tourists should arm themselves with cannon?

Nah
A .357 revolver can do the job
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/09/ny...heelchair.html