Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Joining motorways

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:43:16 -0000, Roger Mills wrote:

On 22/03/2012 15:00, funkyoldcortina wrote:

This one does my head in...

http://g.co/maps/gfj42

Imagine you are approaching this roundabout from Ferris Row (top of the
picture).

Which of the three approach lanes should you be in if you intend to exit
onto Fairground Way (bottom left of the picture).

Most people seem to think it perfectly OK to take what is basically a
right-hand exit off the roundabout by approaching in the middle lane,
then get irate when a few drivers approach in the right-hand lane to
exit on Fairground way.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Nor do I know what a right-hand exit
off a roundabout is - unless you're in a country where they drive on the
right.

The picture is much clearer if you turn off Labels. It then looks like
there's 3 concentric lanes round the roundabout - right? I would
therefore approach in the middle lane, go round the roundabout in the
middle lane until I'd just gone too far to exit at bottom right, and
then indicate left and move into the left lane to peel off into
Fairground Way.

Isn't that what you're supposed to do?

Agreed.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced