Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default How to Afford Gasoline in 2012

On 3/29/2012 8:43 AM, Han wrote:
"Stormin wrote in
:

I'm looking forward to a contractor company, some where, using only GM
Smart cars. Of course, it's for the children. However, it takes 10 men
and 10 smart cars to carry what one man can carry in a panel van. And,
it takes two for a ladder, one Smart car on each end of the ladder.

The Smart car is not GM. It's made by Daimler nowadays. My nephew was
driving me as the passenger in one of them over roads in the suburbs of
Paris. Despite the ardent wishes of my better half for such a vehicle,
there is no chance whatsoever of this household ever acquiring one. The
reason my underwear stayed dry on that ride was lack of fluids taken in
before. Also, for a car of that size and weight, the mileage is awful.
The ride was OK, but sitting right on top of the road with nothing in front
and a maniac* driving, was no fun.

*Sorry, Frank, no offense, I wasn't too awake, I think. The surprised look
on your Mother's face made it all worth it, though.

Are you drunk? Don't know what you are talking about. Also Mom passed
over 30 years ago.

As for car, sounds like my first experience in a VW bug.