Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.people.silversurfers
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Joining motorways

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:26:42 -0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 08:12:46 -0800 (PST), Onetap wrote:

There are just too many ******* on the UK's roads.

Maybe we need more "shared spaces". No barriers, no kerbs, no signs,
no road markings as we currently know them(*) just a flat open space.
Apparently where they have been introduced accident rates plummet
compared to the barriered, kerbed,
signed and marked areas they replaced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00n96c4

(*) Just different coloured/textured areas that indicate but do not
enforce "paths".

That's surprising. Although I've seen this work in France - perhaps it makes drivers pay more attention.

However in Glasgow where all the lane markings had worn off, chaos ensues at junctions. Glaswegians are just *******.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why do Italians hate Jehovah's Witnesses?
Italians hate ALL witnesses.