Posted to uk.d-i-y
Timothy Murphy[_4_] Timothy Murphy[_4_] is offline

Default Windows live mail

Rod Speed wrote:

Yes, but now with usenet fading so dramatically, it can make sense to
cross post now.

People are always saying that usenet is dying,
but the number of postings in the dozen or so newsgroups I look at,
eg this one, seems if anything to be increasing.

Personally, I find Forums (Fora?) an absolute pain to read.
They always look as though they are very busy
because they give the number of postings since the beginning of time,
but actually none of those I look at seem to get more than
a handful of postings each day.
And they seem to have an annoying habit of splitting into sub-forums,
rather like left-wing parties.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net