James Hart

Default Transport advice needed

BillR wrote:
Ben C wrote:
Hi

I've just gone through a major house refurbishment using rental cars
to ferry building materials around, and I can't face doing it again!
I've decided I need to buy a very practical car/van so that I can
cart about bags of cement, timber, etc. I have no idea what
vans/cars would be good for this though. I'd like something
practical with loads of storage space and easy to load/unload, but
still respectable enough for taking to my mum's for Sunday lunch!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to drive? Any tips
gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
Ben

Another budding "white van man" in the making I fear.

I absolutely point blank refuse to have white vans at work, don't even like
white cars really but that's just me being awkward.
What do you want to put in it?
Do you need something Transit sized to get an 8x4 flat in the back or would
the likes of an Astravan be nearer the mark? We've got a Peugeot Partner and
I reckon it's a cracking good wagon for it's size and the more upright
driving position is very comfortable.
Maybe an estate car could do both jobs, just make sure you use seat covers
when it's in work mode though otherwise it soon starts looking tatty.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/