Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dishwasher problem

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 02:49:36 -0700, Daniel Prince
wrote:

I know enough about electricity to know that I should not even
attempt to change what breaker the outlet for the dishwasher is
plugged into.

Simple enough job if you know what to do. Perhaps a friend can do it
for you. May not be the culprit, but given your frequency of
problems, worth a shot. Check the ground too.

We put a surge suppressor on the dishwasher years ago. If I
remember correctly the surge suppressor is rated at 900 joules.
Should we use a surge suppressor with a higher rating?

We live in Los Angles county and do not have much lightning here. We
are a long way from the nearest power substation. I do not think we
get many surges.

I'm not sure what size you would need. I've read that they do lose
their ability over time if you do get some spikes. I think you were
smart to put it in though.