Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fire Department poles they use to remove boards

Might be local dialect, but near me it's called a "halligan" after chief
Halligan.

And, this web site calls them Hooligans. http://www.fire-end.com/Tools.htm

I wonder if anyone (except me) remembers Chief Halligan's three rules for
fire fighting? One "attaboy" for anyone who remembers all three.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"John McGaw" wrote in message

Possibly a 'hook pike'? I've never seen any that were more than about 5 or
6 feet long though. There is a shorter tool sometimes called a 'hooligan
bar' which is used to force entry through and pry apart almost anything but
that is even shorter and I don't see any way one could be extended.