Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Windows live mail

Martin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Martin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Martin wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jim S wrote
Cash wrote
Jim S wrote
Cash wrote
Muddymike wrote

I have just started using windows live mail after many years of
using Outlook express for email and newsgroups and am stuck!

Can anyone tell me how to get it to insert the symbols
before the old text in my replies?

Apparently you can't Mike. There was a fair bit of
discussion on this in the Windows 7 groups when Windows 7
first came out for general use.

This was one of the reasons I ditched Windows 7
and reverted back to XP (and Outlook Express 6).

You could use Thunderbird

As I said Jim, it was one of the reasons - there were a
few other things that I disliked with Windows 7 anyway.

As for Thunderbird, I tried that a few years ago when I went
back to the local college for four years to learn how to play
with and repair computers (I got bored with retirement) - but
I preferred the way that Outlook Express did things and went
back to it.

Thunderbird has moved on a bit since then I guess, but in any
case it does not make a good newsreader, but then neither did
OE. There are far better newsreaders around. I use 40tude
Dialog and Xnews, but admit that neither of them is 'easy'. I would
suggest Microplanet Gravity. Agent is good too, but not free.

Agent has got a ****ed UI which sees too many asking how to do stuff.

If it had a more intuitive UI they wouldnt be doing that.

It is still worth learning how to use Agent and using it.

I dont agree. I cant be bothered with ****ed UIs.

Whatever a ****ed UI is.

I already told you. Too many have to ask how to do basic stuff.

Is that really the best you can do?

That is clearly the best you can do.

Too many have to ask how to do all sorts of basic stuff
on PCs. It doesn't mean you have to be one of them.

You dont see anything like as many doing that with the alternatives.

And that cant be because far more use it than the alternatives
either, because they dont and its trivial to prove that.

The other real problem with agent is that it attracts
rabid religious fantatics like moths to a light.

Feel free to have the last word, I wont be bothering with your **** again.