Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default Killer Cat-Sized Rats Invade Florida

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:20:53 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 3/28/2012 7:21 AM, Doug wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:30:33 -0700, wrote:

The African rodent known as the Giant Gambian pouch rats, have hit
Florida's grassy keys, despite efforts to eradicate them.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/03/27/Killer-Cat-Sized-Rats-Invade-Florida

Yikes

Once when I was a college student, I was taking the #7 train in Queens
coming home and around the old Shea Stadium the corner of my eye
caught near the edge of a oily small body of water, an animal the size
of a large cat. I realized what I saw was I think a water rat (it was
no cat) and it was huge. I was probably 50+ feet elevated above the
water but it was big enough to catch the corner of my eye so I know it
was huge. I never could believe a rat could be so large.... scary.

What I thought were big rats turned out to be possums.

http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/profe...ofopossums.htm

See my previous post about possums. Also I may be wrong but I don't
think NYC (Queens) has possums but they sure have lots of rats