Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Garage Door Opener Question

On 3/28/2012 8:35 AM, John McGaw wrote:

... If you short across the switch terminals
at the switch and the door operates then your switch is probably
defective. I say probably because it just might be that both wiring and
switch are bad although the probability is low.

If on the switch terminals at the switch and it operates, the wiring has
to be ok from there to the opener so can only be internal if anywhere
there's a wiring fault...other than a loose connection that makes w/ the
external pressure, I suppose is a really remote possibility.

Other than that nit, good synopsis of how to isolate where the culprit
lies...