Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

In article ,
Han wrote:

This part of the discussion, however, was about VA hospitals, or perhaps
hospitals in general. Don't most hospitals have their own police forces,
trained to handle unruly patients and visitors? It shouldn't take more
than a few minutes max to get a bunch of officers to a fracas. I /know/
that's the case in the Manhattan VA.

Yeah, but I can tell you from personal experience at a couple big city
hospitals, that doesn't cut response a whole hell of a lot. Even on days
we usually had less than 15 cops to cover the 15 acre main campus,
parking garages, outpatient areas throughout the city, keep a presence
in the ER, and patrol. We handled most of the problems ourselves long
before help arrived. ABout the only times the hospital cops came in
handy was when someone was already secluded and we needed to go into see
them and could plan it out ahead of time. Even then, we might not have
someone available.