Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

In article ,
Han wrote:

The US VA system is a very unique system, with very many very good things
going for it. Of course, there are some bad things going on as well.
Just like you don't go to the gynecologist to get a broken leg fixed, the
VA patients are unique enough to warrant special treatment. When the US
stops fighting wars (I'm in favor of less war, but some seem inevitable,
and I support them!), the need for the VA system will diminish. But
we'll need it for the lifetime of the brave men who fought and are still
fighting these last wars.

I have long been fascinated (through many administrations with differing
party affiliations) by the VA. Even within the same city, they can have
some of the best, university affiliated hospitals in the world and a few
miles away some of the worst 3rd world hell holes.