Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

In article ,
Han wrote:

Well, if you believe that we should let some crazy people kill a few
doctors and nurses because otherwise we infringe on the right to carry
guns, then you're right, then I am crazy.

But I do NOT BELIEVE that we should let those doctors and nurses die, and
that keeping weapons out of the hospital is a "good thing™".

Doesn't address within hospitals and is bordering on old, but these are
the only figures I could come up with in a hurry.
From 1980 through 1990, a total of 522 HCWs died from injuries
sustained while working. The most common causes of death were motor
vehicle crashes (122 [23.4%]), homicide (106 [20.3%]), and suicide (88
[16.9%]). Firearms were used in the greatest number (78 [73.6%]) of
workplace-related homicides among HCWs. (But note less than 14% of all
deaths, I thought the choice of that stat was interesting).

JAMA. 1994 Dec 7;272(21):1686-8.
Workplace-related homicide among health care workers in the United
States, 1980 through 1990.
Goodman RA, Jenkins EL, Mercy JA.