Posted to alt.home.repair
Daniel Prince Daniel Prince is offline

Default Dishwasher problem

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Just in case, though, I'd check my
connections and ground. I'd even use a different breaker. While the
rest of the house may be OK, this is very odd. One failure, stuff
happens. two failures, sounds strange.

This is the third failure for this dishwasher. The previous
dishwasher also had an electronic failure. It was also a Maytag.

I know enough about electricity to know that I should not even
attempt to change what breaker the outlet for the dishwasher is
plugged into.

As for using poor parts, Maytag would not be in business if they
replaced the control in every dishwasher, every five weeks or so. I'd
consider putting a surge suppressor in line too.

We put a surge suppressor on the dishwasher years ago. If I
remember correctly the surge suppressor is rated at 900 joules.
Should we use a surge suppressor with a higher rating?

We live in Los Angles county and do not have much lightning here. We
are a long way from the nearest power substation. I do not think we
get many surges.
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her