Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Solar update for 1st quarter

On 3/27/2012 8:45 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
After billing for first 3 months of 2012, here are the results:

kWh(solar) Elec$ (total/elect) Bank (on/off)
January: 819 $32.04/$5.63 105/0
February: 945 $24.07/$3.11 278/0
March: 987 thru 3/27 $18.79/$0.08 525/0

The electricity charges are total including taxes and fees over just
electricity charges. All electric charges so far was for off peak hours.
The bank is total annual on peak kWh/off peak kWh. The taxes and fees
include:

Basic service charge
delivery service charge
environmental service charge
federal environmental service charge
system benefits charge
power supply adjustment
metering
meter reading
billing
federal transmission and ancillary services
federal transmission cost adjustment
system benefits adjustment
regulatory assessment
state sales tax
county sales tax
city sales tax
franchise fee

For March, the cost of actual electricity was 8 cents and the taxes and
fees was $18.71.

All in all, we are saving $25 - $30/month over the same months compared
to the past two years. This includes the $93/month solar lease fee.

We have 525 kWh banked for the coming AC season.

All in all, happy campers!

And just think, you probably would not have to have a solar supplement
if you did not have to pay all those fees!!!. ;~) Looks like a
telephone bill.

Good for you Doug! Keep us posted.