Default Understairs Cupboard Remix!

Dave P-B wrote:
Hi All,

We currently have an understiars cupboard, now the door is way too small to
get an large objects in, such as hoovers, ironing boards without using a
whole load of swear words....

No what I want to do is make the door larger, okay I know how to do that but
what I need to do is move the hall light switch about 12 inches up. I can do
that no problem but what we really need is a light inside the cupboard, my
question (at last!) is can I fit another light to the light switch? and how
would I do that?

It's almost certain that the wiring to the switch won't provide what
you need to run a lamp. You'll need to run a feed to the second lamp
from the existing hall light if you want them both switched by the
same switch.

--
Chris Green )