Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

dennis@home wrote:

Reminds me of te time we ran my late moter up to Yorkshire in the old
XJS.. and as she had made us late rather fast.. "What speed are we
doing she said?" and leaned across to see 'oh, only 50 miles an hour.
It seems faster than that'

The dear old bat was reading the revcounter, thank heavens. :-)

What gear?
In top that would make it about 150 mph which the old XJS couldn't do.

I really cant remember. Might have been 4th. Twas the 3.6 liter 5 speed
manual.

For sure IIRC the old girl was stuck on 130mphh top speed. IIRC we were
doing between 110 and 120..:-)

and how hard it is to achieve it.