Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor  Drivel is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

"Rod Speed" wrote silly things in message
If we cancel the tax on people's wages, how do we pay for public
services? By levying a charge on the "value" of land. People
who live in valuable locations will pay much more than those
who live in less expensive properties. That's fair.

Why?

Because the value of land is higher in more expensive locations
where the more wealthy live. Get it?

But why is that fair?

Because the value of land is higher in more expensive locations
where the more wealthy live. Economic growth created by the
community that soaks into the land crystallizes as land values. What
ever the value, the community created it and reclaims it. Get
it? ;-) It is fair. Those with more wealth pay more. Tax wealth not
Income. The rich tend to have lost of "wealth" while the poor do
not. The poor only have their income.

Well I can't argue with that - the rich do indeed tend to have a lot
of wealth.

In the USA the top 1% of the population own more wealth than the bottom
90%.

Thats because they have so many of the absolute dregs.

Sirry Irriot, sounds similar to Auss then