Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default No more auto GPS (as we've come to know it)

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 3/27/2012 4:14 PM, bob haller wrote:

I've played a lot of video games but none matched the thrill of trying

evade the huge metal handtruck that blew off a Coca Cola truck. For a

while
it's still traveling along pretty quickly from the momentum. For a

while.
Thick rubber tires can really bounce around, too. I was driving on the
Verazzano Bridge plaza when a truck full of truck tires lost the rear

gate
and squadron of tires began flying through the gaps in the traffic.

--
Bobby G.

I drove over a extension ladder recently. boy was I surprised....

saw a sprite truck open up and dump many many cubes of sprite all over
the road. geez did those bottles spray big time.

I was driving through Malfunction Junction in downtown Birmingham some
years ago when I caught a movement in the lane next to me and it was a
big towed Ingersoll Rand air compressor that was loose and the tongue
dug into the pavement so the compressor was flipping end over end at
60MPH. The next day, state highway department crews were out repairing
divots that had been ripped out of the freeway. o_O

Ouch! My Italian NYC cousin got hit head on by a towed car that had broken
free and slammed into her as they went through an underpass together on
opposites sides of the road. Another friend has a picture I should post of
some huge truck axle segment that came up through the passenger floor of his
Acura and probably would have gelded any guy sitting there.

Some of my closest encounters with the Great Beyond have concerned trailers
of one kind or another. There's the "Tale of the Singing Tow Cable" and
"Rock and Roll Until You Roll Over." The problem is that U-Haul rents
trailers to young adults. (-: I watched "Harvest" on the HistChan
yesterday and some kid operating a $500K combine ignites the dry wheat
(about an acre's worth) and then hops out of the combine (now hovering over
the dry wheat) with a little, bitty fire extinguisher looking to use it to
put out huge crop fire. The owner's screaming "Don't cut the fire!!!"
worrying that the kid will drive the fuel-laden combine into the burning
wheat. We old cusses take for granted how much stuff we've learned just by
getting old.

--
Bobby G.