Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"Han" wrote in message
" wrote in
:

On 27 Mar 2012 12:16:01 GMT, Han wrote:

snip
I don't think you understand. It would be insane to allow people with
weapons entrance into the VA hospital in Manhattan.

Because you say so? You keep repeating the same nonsense, but have
nothing to back it up.

If you don't feel safe walking about in Manhattan without a weapon,
you should stay away. As for me, I did it for 34 years, and I'm still
here. If you get caught carrying a firearm in NYC without a local
license, you're arrested, whether or not you have a legal right
elsewhere.

Which *IS* insane!

If some people manage to live their lives in peace without the need for
firearms, that isn't insane. Your perceived need for firearms is,
perhaps. But that is my opinion, and I'm sure you'd disagree.

Ostrich "Can't happen to me since it hasn't happened yet "attitude

I had been planning on perhaps vacationing in some other states in the
US, such as Arizona, Utah, New Mexico. Just a simple question: Will I
be in any more danger without a firearm than in Washington State? I know
I'll be safe anywhere here in the North-East, and I haven't had any
problems in Florida either.

You haven't looked at crime statistics recently, have you
We ARE ALL exposed to some risk of being the victim of a crime.

You can choose to believe that the Odds are against the fickle finger of
fate pointing at you. Or you can improve your odds if it ever does.

My approach and attitude is to improve my odds.
I may be at equal risk
But my possible outcomes are skewed in my favor.