Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"Han" wrote in message
"Attila.Iskander" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Did you know one cannot carry a concealed weapon in a post office
or Social Security branch? We hope to adjust this federal
silliness in the next administration.

You also cannot carry anything like a weapon into a VA hospital.
ANd for good reason. There were too many incidents of hospital
employees assaulted and sometimes killed. For the benefit of the
good people working in VA hospitals, I sure hope they won't relax
those prohibitions.

Yep. That's another rule that must yield, because, as you point out,
people are assaulted and killed in VA hospitals. This mayhem means
that visitors, staff, and even patients should be armed; for their
protection and the protection of others.

I sure hope you're kidding, if only for the memory of the doctor who
got shot and killed by a disgruntled vet in a wheelchair. By all
accounts he was the nicest, most caring doctor you could wish for.

Is that justification for everyone being defenseless against the next
criminal ?
That's just stupid

I don't think you understand. It would be insane to allow people with
weapons entrance into the VA hospital in Manhattan.

Feel free to justify such a declaration

If you don't feel safe walking about in Manhattan without a weapon, you
should stay away. As for me, I did it for 34 years, and I'm still here.
If you get caught carrying a firearm in NYC without a local license,
you're arrested, whether or not you have a legal right elsewhere.

yawn
That's just a variant of the hasn't happened to me, so why worry.