Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Han wrote:
" wrote in
:

On 27 Mar 2012 12:16:01 GMT, Han wrote:

snip
I don't think you understand. It would be insane to allow people
with weapons entrance into the VA hospital in Manhattan.

Because you say so? You keep repeating the same nonsense, but have
nothing to back it up.

If you don't feel safe walking about in Manhattan without a weapon,
you should stay away. As for me, I did it for 34 years, and I'm
still here. If you get caught carrying a firearm in NYC without a
local license, you're arrested, whether or not you have a legal
right elsewhere.

Which *IS* insane!

If some people manage to live their lives in peace without the need
for firearms, that isn't insane. Your perceived need for firearms
is, perhaps. But that is my opinion, and I'm sure you'd disagree.

I had been planning on perhaps vacationing in some other states in
the US, such as Arizona, Utah, New Mexico. Just a simple question:
Will I be in any more danger without a firearm than in Washington
State? I know I'll be safe anywhere here in the North-East, and I
haven't had any problems in Florida either.

You don't have to rely on anecdotal information; check the FBI
statistics by state or locality. Of course those figures will be in
the aggregate - you still should stay away from known clusters of
crazies, e.g., VA hospitals.

Interestingly, El Paso is, by far, the safest city in the country. For
a city in excess of 500,000, I think they had fifteen homicides last
year.

Less than 100 yards from the El Paso city limits is Juarez (where guns
are absolutely prohibited). Almost 3,000 murders last year, none of
which were committed with a garden rake.

I wasn't really thinking of visiting Mexico. But (if I read between the
lines correctly) it is reassuring that you think it is safe to visit
those states even if unarmed. I don't think I can just go into an
Arizona gunshop and buy a firearm, even with a 3-day waiting period,
since I'm not a resident of the state.

--
Best regards
Han