Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

Bob Eager wrote
Tim Watts wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

Focussing on your speedometer is a bad way to drive safely.

I've found running Sygic on my 'droid to be a great help. Not
only does it go "beep" for speed cameras, it goes "beep"
everytime I exceed the stated road speed by 10% which
generally means I don't bother looking at the speedo constantly.

I just engage the speed limiter!

I prefer to drive over the limit most of the time because we have a stupid 50Kmph limit
in most places and I like to vary how much I am over by based on the circumstances.

With our insane system where you can see quite a few speed limit changes
quite close to each other, its handy to have a warning at a percentage over
the speed limit that you specify in case you miss one of the changes.