Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:07:06 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

Not if its 15 feet in front of you. She was standing on te kerb

IIRC
and took three steps into the road .. the guy smoked his styres

but he
still hit her at maybe 12 mph

He didn't take any evasive action like turning that round thing in
front of him? Or is this pre ABS so he braked too hard and lost
control of the vehicle in a skid?

Pedestrians on the left (mostly schoolboys), oncoming traffic on the
right, and very much pre ABS. He wore all the front tyres down to the
canvas in one classic emergency stop. Rover 90 I think it was.

Hmm, I bet its hard to get a person to do a cartwheel from a 12 mph
impact.

Not so sure having been run over, well hoisted right up onto the
bonnet of a car and shoved off to the side by the windscreen in a low
speed collision at traffic lights that had just changed.

That was what the police said at the inquest. Less than 15mph for sure -
he only travelled a few feet post impact.

Car design is a lot better these days. And she was unlucky: landed more
or less on her head.

In the end it was just one of those things...

and how hard it is to achieve it.