Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Windows live mail

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:22:23 +0100, Cash wrote:

Jim S wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:30:16 +0100, Cash wrote:

Muddymike wrote:
I have just started using windows live mail after many years of
using Outlook express for email and newsgroups and am stuck!

Can anyone tell me how to get it to insert the symbols before the
old text in my replies?

Mike

Apparently you can't Mike. There was a fair bit of discussion on
this in the Windows 7 groups when Windows 7 first came out for
general use.

This was one of the reasons I ditched Windows 7 and reverted back to
XP (and Outlook Express 6).

Cash

You could use Thunderbird

As I said Jim, it was one of the reasons - there were a few other things
that I disliked with Windows 7 anyway.

As for Thunderbird, I tried that a few years ago when I went back to the
local college for four years to learn how to play with and repair computers
(I got bored with retirement) - but I preferred the way that Outlook Express
did things and went back to it.

Cash

Thunderbird has moved on a bit since then I guess, but in any case it does
not make a good newsreader, but then neither did OE.
There are far better newsreaders around. I use 40tude Dialog and Xnews, but
admit that neither of them is 'easy'. I would suggest Microplanet Gravity.
Agent is good too, but not free.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK