Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default destroying data CDs?

MM wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:01:58 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

geoff wrote:
In message , MM
writes
On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:28:43 +0100, geoff
wrote:

In message ,
Andy Champ writes
On 25/03/2012 22:57, geoff wrote:
In message
, Andy
Champ writes
On 24/03/2012 13:24, geoff wrote:

Another way of selling them would be to list on
the box, "Can also be used to destroy unwanted
CDs".

Ever seen such inclusion listed?

OK - blööööde trottel

you say you lived in germany. What is a bottle
opener called?

Flaschenöffner.

Z.b.

http://www.ostarrichi.org/woerterbuch.html?wort=1851v

cough That says the Austrians think the Russians came
up with the term. And that in German it's called
"Flaschenöffner" while in Austrian _only_ it's
"Siebzehner".

Whatever, it was the first reference I found

It was in common usage when I lived there

But then, these are the guys that confused my wife by
having earth apples on the menu.

Was that in Bavaria ?

In Franconia they are called earth berries

Wien.

So even further south, yes

I speak hardly any German, so I'm used to guessing; when it
said "Erdäpfel" I guessed it was something like the Dutch
"Aardappel". My polyglot wife insisted on asking the waiter.

Today I asked one of my colleagues about this, knowing he's
been a bit of a drinker in his past, and lived in Germany.
He'd never heard of the Siebzehner term, and all unprompted
said "We used to open them with lighters"!

But you can't do that, its not the right tool for the job ...
be told !!

Correct. Moreover, Flaschenöffner are available everywhere -
Karstadt, Kaufhof etc etc, so there's no excuse.

Do **** off you tedious old fart

It's MM.

He's the only person in the world to find a full tube of KY jelly
on the street and then become gay in order to get the best
financial returns out of his find.

KY jelly is used for lubrication for non-sexual purposes.

And the reason your new shoes are two sizes too small for your feet is
because last year you found a packet of corn plasters on the floor whilst
bending over using up the KY jelly.

--
Adam