Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

dennis@home wrote:

"John Williamson" wrote in message
charles wrote:
In article , ARWadsworth
wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

(*) Around seven people *a day* are killed in UK road "accidents". If
virtually anything else under the control of people killed that many
there would be an out cry.

How many of those 7 are killed by speeding motorists in a village?

I had a friend who was killed by a motorist who knocked him off his
bike. I had multiple fractures in one arm when I was knocked off my
bike.

Were the motorists speeding as your post implies? And if so, were they
prosecuted for it as well as dangerous driving?

Forty years ago, a friend of mine was killed while he was cycling to
school. The car hit him from behind at *below the speed limit*, and he
was hit so hard that his skull came through his face.

/Irony As the car wasn't speeding, the driver must have been driving
safely, yes? Irony/

Why do idiots always try to justify speeding by coming up with people
driving dangerously at less than the speed limit?
Just what do they think it proves other than their stupidity?

That 99% of accidents are caused by stupid drivers or bad luck, not
failure to keep exactly to arbitrary speed limits?

and how hard it is to achieve it.