Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default No more auto GPS (as we've come to know it)

On 2012-03-26, Tony Hwang wrote:

Up here we have anti-distraction law while driving. You don't mess with
GPS, Cell phone, reading map, doing make up, drinking coffee,etc. will
cause a ticket and 175.00 fine first time. Also you can't smoke in a car
when kids are on board. For that it is 1000.00 ticket.

Usta be like that, here. NO TVs within the driver's view. Slowly,
but surely, the creep began. Digital compasses, GPS, cellphones,
digital audio dashboards, etc. The fact police cars have what amounts
to netbooks and govt services (fire, police, etc) can talk on radio,
only muddied the water. These laws are useless. I once witnessed a
commuter reading a dead-tree book while driving. The book was on the
seat next to the driver!! Bottom line, every time you drive, you risk
dying.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!