Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windows live mail

Graham. wrote:
On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:32:27 +0100, Jim S wrote:

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:30:16 +0100, Cash wrote:

Muddymike wrote:
I have just started using windows live mail after many years of using
Outlook express for email and newsgroups and am stuck!

Can anyone tell me how to get it to insert the symbols before the
old text in my replies?

Mike
Apparently you can't Mike. There was a fair bit of discussion on this in
the Windows 7 groups when Windows 7 first came out for general use.

This was one of the reasons I ditched Windows 7 and reverted back to XP (and
Outlook Express 6).

Cash

You could use Thunderbird

Or agent.
WLM is not fit for purpose as a newsreader.

Agreed. Thunderbird is not that great, but its usable for this sort of
banter.

and how hard it is to achieve it.