Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT Short of news in the UK

"Han" wrote in message
" wrote in
:

On 26 Mar 2012 11:01:44 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 26 Mar 2012 01:02:14 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
om:

On 25 Mar 2012 21:14:42 GMT, Han wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news:3uidndaAX8U14vLSnZ2dnUVZ_rqdnZ2d@earth link.com:

Han wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Did you know one cannot carry a concealed weapon in a post
office or Social Security branch? We hope to adjust this
federal silliness in the next administration.

You also cannot carry anything like a weapon into a VA
hospital. ANd for good reason. There were too many incidents
of hospital employees assaulted and sometimes killed. For the
benefit of the good people working in VA hospitals, I sure hope
they won't relax those prohibitions.

Yep. That's another rule that must yield, because, as you point
out,
people are assaulted and killed in VA hospitals. This mayhem
means that visitors, staff, and even patients should be armed;
for their protection and the protection of others.

I sure hope you're kidding, if only for the memory of the doctor
who got shot and killed by a disgruntled vet in a wheelchair. By
all accounts he was the nicest, most caring doctor you could wish
for.

The current laws sure helped him! rolls eyes

That happened BEFORE there was this type of security.

...and noting has ever happened again, since that security?

Nothing really serious that I know about. Plenty of scuffles. Around
that time they also changed the label of the outfit to "police" from
security guard. If you ever get to First Ave & 23rd Str, NYC, make a
visit and ask to see the confiscated weapons.

Oh, good grief. A law makes the criminals play nice. You are a
dreamer.

It's called self-defense. Or don't you agree that preventing is better
than resurrecting?

Disarming the law-abiding is NOT "self-defense" by even the most twisted
definition