Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

Larry W wrote:
In ,
Steve wrote:
On 03/26/2012 05:01 PM, Bill wrote:
I ended up making zero clearance inserts. The issue
there was that the blade does not lower enough to install the insert
flush with table then raise blade through it (even with a relieve cut in
bottom of insert). I had to shim the insert up almost 1/4" above the
table surface in order to clear blade on initial pass through.

That "problem" is not unique to Grizzly saws.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Lower the blade completely. Lift up your standard insert slightly, then
bring the fence over so it contacts the insert. Drop the insert back in
place. Now place your new, soon-to-be ZCI on top of the standard insert
and butting against the fence. Clamp a block to the fence over the ZCI
and another in front of it. You can now raise the blade up through the
standard insert and your new ZCI. If youv'e made multiple ZCI blanks,
t's now a good time to slot those as well.

Sounds way better than paying $30-40 a piece! : )