Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default How best to cut a piece of melamine shelving so it doesn't chip?

On 03/26/2012 01:51 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote:
Max (hate that epoxy smell) ;-)

What smell? My epoxy is pretty odorless. Polyester maybe? That's
what I use (in the form of Bondo).

-------------------------------------
Bingo.

Epoxy is oderless but a total waste of good epoxy for this
application.

1/4" tempered hardboard and some double backed tape works for me.

Lew

A waste of good epoxy? To renew a zero-clearance insert? It takes all
of about 1/2 ounce of epoxy to get the job done. Sometimes I have more
than that left over from most of the woodworking tasks I use epoxy for.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.