Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Fishel Larry Fishel is offline

Default No more auto GPS (as we've come to know it)

On Mar 26, 9:35*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"...should only show static or near-static images..."

Come on people. the author of this article even provided a link to the
proposal he has so badly misinterpreted...

https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...ic-devices#p-3

Principle 4.1: Visual information ***NOT RELATED TO DRIVING***
{emphasis added) that is likely to distract the driver significantly
(e.g., video and continuously moving images and automatically
scrolling text) should be disabled while the vehicle is in motion or
should be only presented in such a way that the driver cannot see it
while the vehicle is in motion.

It mentions the concept in several other places, each time making it
clear that this DOES NOT apply to navigational aids. It's about things
like TV's and DVD players and ads or news feeds on your GPS for
instance, but not a moving map (I'm sure someone will try to make that
argument, but that's clearly not the intent.)