Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default No more auto GPS (as we've come to know it)

On 3/26/2012 6:35 AM, HeyBub wrote:
"Last month, the National Highway Transportation Safety Agency published a
dense document with guidelines for automakers on how to minimize the
distractions caused by in-vehicle electronics. Buried among equations for
determining optimal display viewing angles and testing procedures is the
recommendation that navigation devices should only show static or
near-static images, which would essentially eliminate their usefulness. "

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7...tion-unusable/

But if it saves one child's life...

We could virtually eliminate child deaths due to car accidents
by restricting cars to areas outside the city limits.

If you needed to have your car in the city, you'd have to disconnect
the battery to eliminate distraction and push it to your destination.
A small price to pay to eliminate child deaths.

On the other hand, I can still use my GPS to get to the fridge.

While you're in there, bring me a beer...please?
I gotta hit the road.