Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

And I would love to know who puts the big sign up at Conisbrough on the
A630
saying "Speed trap in 2 miles" everytime there is a scamera van parked up
2
miles away. They are not parked up helping a village from speeding
traffic,
they are parked up waiting to catch out drivers where the road changes
from
60 to 40 mph

Improves the "crime" clear up rate a treat, not to mention the revenue it
generates...

It also catches inattentive drivers, much like Gatsos do.
Attentive drivers don't get caught by either.

The police use hidden cameras if they just want to catch speeders.

I have no sympathy at all for anyone stupid enough to get caught by a
visible speed trap.
I don't have much for the ones caught by hidden ones either but at least
they may actually be paying attention unlike the others.

I think compulsory eyesight tests should be required if you are caught by a
visible speed trap.