Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_4_] Doctor Drivel[_4_] is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

"Alistair Gunn" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel twisted the electrons to say:

And LVT would do nothing to stop any of that ...

Oh my God. Another one hard of thinking. Don't you what speculators and
what
they do?

WTF does "Don't you what speculators" mean?

You don't know what speculators do?

Or he could just stay in high priced hotels all the time as their
pricing is set at the highest that the market will bear and increased
taxation due to LVT wouldn't (according to you) result in an increase
in
their fees ...

He could indeed. Good thinking. But he will pay the hotel fees all his
life - a form of rent.

As opposed to paying the LVT form of rent?

Yes. LVT is sform of rent to HMG - not a tax. After all the Queen owns all
the land

He does not have security of tenure either.
They can throw homout at any time.

So he signs a long term contract ...

He can. But the hotel owner pays teh LVT for for the land

Or he could buy income producing
assets and pay no taxes at all according
to you ...

He could but if he buys land he pays LVT. Simple.

There are plenty of income producing assets other than land ...

Then he goes into economic gain enterprise. LVT forces people to do that,
instead of being a parasite. Land was not made by man, nature made it. It
is owned by us all - commonwealth. Anyone who makes money from our
commonwealth must us - LVT is the ideal mechanism.

That is very fair. The wealthy then pay their
fair share instead of clawing

Paying 0% is fair???

Which 0% are you on about? Wayne Rooney in a cardboard box?

Or Wayne Rooney living in motoryacht,
or living in a hotel, or renting

Wayne renting or living on yacht does not impact on what we own. He does not
deprive anyone from land, our land which we all own. Churchill said
something very similar.

whilst his income producing assets
imply no tax requirement for him and
there's no expenditure related taxation ...

He puts into society and takes nothing out currently when renting.
Currently, when he has a big house on a large plot he extracts the economic
growth that was created by the community which soaked into his land and
crystallised as land values. He then takes a lot out. Currently he
appropriates public wealth for private gain. With LVT that publicly created
wealth is reclaimed. Get it?