Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default dennis is moving to Bristol

On 26/03/2012 18:24, ARWadsworth wrote:
Huge wrote:
On 2012-03-26, wrote:
charles wrote:
In Surrey we have to write down number plate, make model&
colour of the 'offending' vehicle. 3 things must agree
before the police take any action.

By 3 things do you mean the person with the speed gun and two
like minded ******s?

No - 3 things about the vehicle

Action = a letter?

Letter first and 2nd times. A knock on the door the third time.

But still no conviction?

Nope. The police can do exactly and precisely nothing on the basis of
you being stitched up by dennis and his nosey, interfering, po-faced
tiresome little friends.

It sort of makes you wonder why they bother to stand out in the cold and
rain.

They get to dress up in a uniform and feel important?

Our local police often do similar things with school kids using the speed
gun.

And I would love to know who puts the big sign up at Conisbrough on the A630
saying "Speed trap in 2 miles" everytime there is a scamera van parked up 2
miles away. They are not parked up helping a village from speeding traffic,
they are parked up waiting to catch out drivers where the road changes from
60 to 40 mph

Improves the "crime" clear up rate a treat, not to mention the revenue
it generates...

--
Cheers,

John.