Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default No more auto GPS (as we've come to know it)

"Last month, the National Highway Transportation Safety Agency published a
dense document with guidelines for automakers on how to minimize the
distractions caused by in-vehicle electronics. Buried among equations for
determining optimal display viewing angles and testing procedures is the
recommendation that navigation devices should only show static or
near-static images, which would essentially eliminate their usefulness. "

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7...tion-unusable/

But if it saves one child's life...

On the other hand, I can still use my GPS to get to the fridge.