Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default OT Short of news in Florida

On 3/25/2012 9:31 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
gonjahgonjah.net wrote in
net:

On 3/25/2012 8:40 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
gonjahgonjah.net wrote in
net:

On 3/25/2012 7:42 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 18:37:06 -0500, gonjahgonjah.net wrote:

On 3/25/2012 6:33 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
Ed wrote in
:

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:36:29 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

a 6 foot 3 kid who was suspended from school (I don't know
why,maybe aggression?),from a broken home,and was last seen
ON TOP of Zimmerman(by a credible witness),before he was shot
in self-defense.Zimmerman's face and head injuries support
that.
We have no idea what led up to that though. Was he provoked?
I sense a little pre-judging here.
I don't see pre-judging in any of the above.
O do, in this comment fro above:
(I don't know why,maybe aggression?)

Easy; Martin told his girlfriend he was being followed. (around
7PM) a polite kid would have asked the follower why,and if
questioned about his activities,told the guy he was visiting his
dad,etc... and then everybody would have gone on their way.
a polite or smart kid would have called 911 himself(and before
approaching the unknown guy).
a smart kid would NOT approach the unknown guy who was following
him if he had reason to fear him.

an aggressive kid would be "in your face","what business is it of
your's?",or even begin pushing or punching.
Since we have reports of Zimmerman in the act of returning to his
vehicle(from NBC news),Martin had to attack Zimmerman.
Plus,since Zimmerman is a short but hefty guy,a sneak attack is
necessary for a tall but slight young man to drop him.

We DO know Martin was suspended from school for a week(but not
why,the school will not reveal that),we know he's a school
athlete,and athletics these days teaches aggression.
We also know he comes from a broken home,and no father at home(he
lives with his mom in Miami-Dade area.
that IS a good indicator of trouble.

And if Martin hadn't racially profiled him.....
doesn't matter,Zimmerman is not a law enforcement official(LEO).
He can "profile" if he wants.

Of course. That doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. I can walk
around South Chicago at night too.

all he does is call police and have them
check out the suspect,as he did that night with Trayvon.
But his credibility drops if he makes too many wrong accusations.
but 47 calls to police in a 3 year period is not too many calls.

...and if Martin hadn't pummeled him?
We need to know more about the attack. Notice I'm not calling you
stupid, thick, dense or anything. I respect your opinion.

what you seek to know,there were no witnesses for.

Yeah, but as you pointed out, there is evidence at the scene, the
telephone conversation, the testimony of Z and the person that heard
the confrontation.

the telephone conversation of the girlfriend is hearsay. she was not THERE.

there's no evidence or
witnesses to any alleged provocation or wrongdoing on Zimmerman's
part. and in that event,Zimmerman goes free. the burden of proof of a
crime is on the prosecution.
All the -evidence- points to Z doing legitimate self-defense.

There is evidence of a adult, with a handgun, following a unarmed boy
who was apparently doing nothing wrong.

Not a crime.nor any provocation.

Z followed M because he was
black and wearing a hoodie. He was told by dispatch he didn't need to
follow him.

doesn't matter. it's not law or any order that must be obeyed.

Z went looking for trouble and he found it.

an ASSUMPTION (of yours)not supported by evidence.

Z instigated the confrontation.

No evidence to support that either.

It was very poor judgement on Z's part.

that's no crime.

That much
we know. The attack? That remains to be seen. So far, IMO, Z brought
it on by following M against the advice of the PD.

Following someone is NOT justification for an attack.

If there was an attack we don't know who initiated it. Maybe Z started
it and M got the better of him so Z shot him. Hummmm?