Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Short of news in Florida

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 18:11:40 -0500, Jim Yanik
wrote:

do you know the diference between a Taser and a stun gun?
the Taser works (usually) at a distance,the stun gun requires you be within
arms reach of an attacker. Both can be blocked by heavy clothing.
Letting an attacker GET to within arms reach is not a good idea.

Yes, that is why I said Taster, not stun gun.
Taser works for something like 15 feet.

you'd have a guy carry many different defensive weapons(actually,I suspect
you'd prefer people had no guns...),and then he's gotta choose,and that
takes time you may not have.

You suspect wrong. They should be used carefully though.

also,once an attacker begins beating on you,HOW do you know that he's going
to stop before you die,or before you lose an eye,or become brain-damaged?
you have NO way of knowing.

If Tased, he won't be doing that.

the way to stay unshot is to not try to punch me.

Or to shoot you first.