Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

Alistair Gunn wrote
Doctor Drivel drivelled
Alistair Gunn wrote

Or do they now have a higher disposable income that
may get wiped out by the rent increser as their landlord
doesn't want to rent out at a loss ...

The landlord can only charge what the market will bare.
Or he gets out of renting.

If the tennants are currently willing to pay, for example, £400/month
in rent and £83/month (averaged over 12 months) in council tax why
would they be unwilling to pay £483/month in rent and £0/month in
council tax for the same property?

Trouble is that with is hare brained scheme of replacing all taxes
including income tax with an LVT, what the tenant would have to
pay would be MUCH higher than what its currently paying.

Like 10 times more at least.

Hang, is that wrenching sound the goalposts being moved? I thought
you'd been saying that *none* of the LVT would get passed on?

The amount will be small. Not the full whack.

So it was the goalposts being moved from their previous "LVT can't be
passed on" to the new position of "some of the LVT will be passed on,
but most of it won't"? With the same lack of supporting evidence I note ...