Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alistair Gunn Alistair Gunn is offline

Default If Scotland gets independence

Doctor Drivel twisted the electrons to say:
"Alistair Gunn" wrote in message
Or do they now have a higher disposable income that
may get wiped out by the rent increser as their landlord
doesn't want to rent out at a loss ...

The landlord can only charge what the market will bare. Or he gets out of
renting.

If the tennants are currently willing to pay, for example, £400/month in
rent and £83/month (averaged over 12 months) in council tax why would
they be unwilling to pay £483/month in rent and £0/month in council tax
for the same property?

Hang, is that wrenching sound the goalposts being moved? I thought you'd
been saying that *none* of the LVT would get passed on?

The amount will be small. Not the full whack.

So it was the goalposts being moved from their previous "LVT can't be
passed on" to the new position of "some of the LVT will be passed on, but
most of it won't"? With the same lack of supporting evidence I note ...