Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default destroying data CDs?

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:38:38 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
It clearly is when its empty.

What????

There is a reductiion in the power when its empty.

There is negligible reduction. I'd have expected the input power to halve at least.

Thats because you dont understand how they work.

If x watts goes in, it goes to heat somewhere.

It's a 700 watt output. Looking at the SMALL changes in
input power, it's quite obviously not reducing it by much at all.

Clearly that isnt doing the magnetron any harm.

How do you know?

Even you should be able to check that it does still heat the food.

I have only run it empty for 5 seconds.

The modern branded ones dont break.

Try yours empty for 1 hour and report back.

Yours is cheaper than mine, you try it.

It would appear you are not so sure.

Cant be bothered basically. I've got to go out and do the farmers market run soon.

Excuses excuses.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The evening news is where they begin with "Good evening", and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.