Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default destroying data CDs?

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:18:55 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote

Yes, thats why you MEASURE what gets reflected.

No, that last isnt right.

I suppose a test could be done..... measure the power the microwave
oven consumes from the mains with different things in it.

In fact..... [pulls energy meter out of cupboard]

And the results for a £20 Tesco cheapy microwave a

Nothing: 1135 watts
A mug with a tiny bit of water in it: 1165 watts
A mug full of water: 1185 watts

Very odd. There is only a SLIGHT reduction in power consumption the less stuff there is in the oven.

So it appears it's not reducing the magnetron power,

It clearly is when its empty.

What????

There is a reductiion in the power when its empty.

There is negligible reduction. I'd have expected the input power to halve at least.

It's a 700 watt output. Looking at the SMALL changes in
input power, it's quite obviously not reducing it by much at all.

Clearly that isnt doing the magnetron any harm.

How do you know?

Probably just happens naturally due to it getting too warm or something.

I doubt it, that wouldnt work to well when there is something you want to heat in the oven.

I meant the magnetron is getting very warm due to microwaves coming back.. This doesn't happen when food is in the oven.

- perhaps eventually it would overheat and cut out. Or break.

The modern branded ones dont break.

Try yours empty for 1 hour and report back.

Yours is cheaper than mine, you try it.

It would appear you are not so sure.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Some "chinese english" instructions for an automatic light switch, needless to say I did not attempt to follow them during the installation....

The surface design is facility, comely but not losing generosity, it will not have accidented feeling after installation.
Wide working voltage: you will not be worried when you go all over Europe carrying it.
You could fix the sensor with two screws on the junction box in circular one, also fix it with special installation shelf.
In a word, whether the junction box installation orientation is true, it makes the installation flatly.
The lamp will be on automatically when you knock at the door or say "I am coming back".
It will make your home warmer and more romantic.
Penetrate the setscrew into installation hole, block on radiator to aim at the installation hole on connection box.
Let electrician or experienced human install it.
The unrest objects can't be regarded as the installation basis-face.
Don't open the case for your safety if you find the hitch after installation.
If there is any difference between instruction and products, please give priority to product, sorry not to inform you again.